Stephen J. Buhler, Attorney at Law

April 2017 Archives

What should I do if my ex-spouse isn't paying child support?

When a couple with children separates, one parent will often get physical custody of the child while the other parent is required to pay child support every month to help with the child's expenses. However, some parents fall behind on their child support payments or just don't pay at all. If you find yourself in this situation, there are steps you can take to ensure that your children get the financial support they deserve.

Janet Jackson's prenup could make her a lot of money

When one or both spouses has a significant number of assets, they may decide to sign a pre-nuptial agreement to protect themselves in case the marriage goes sour. A prenup can protect your assets and also protect you from taking on the debt of the other party. If the couple decides to divorce, a prenuptial agreement can save them from getting dragged into a long court battle.

Protecting your financial status during a divorce

Researchers in a number of states have found that March and August are peak times for divorce in the United States. The University of Washington reported that couples have a tendency to divorce when Christmas or summer vacations don't go as planned. If you and your spouse and planning to separate, you need to be aware of how a divorce can financially impact your life so that you can protect yourself as much as possible.

What custody options are available to parents in Utah?

When couples with children separate, determining child custody arrangements becomes their number one priority. In many cases, parents end up fighting over parenting time and need the courts to help them come up with a plan that is in the best interests of the child. The courts will focus on making sure that the child is well-cared for financially, physically and emotionally.

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy